April 2, 2010: Discovered that there are two other men who will teach in Hungary who have retired and are not taking their wives with them to Hungary (or should I say, whose wives will not go to Hungary to live with their husbands). I've communicated with one of the men who just retired from teaching psychology at a college in Pennsylvania. The other is from Toronto but I haven't heard from him yet. Nice to commiserate with others!
Meanwhile the paperwork for obtaining my visa in Hungary arrived today. The paperwork includes a signed contract between the Hungarian government, the school, and CETP for my services as a teacher at Ujpest High School, or as it's called in Hungarian "Ujpesti Ket Tanitasi Nyelvu Muszaki, Szakkozepiskola es Gimnazium" (there are actually some accent marks on this title that I don't know how to input using this font, so I think you see what a challenge it will be to learn Hungarian!). Once I get my visa, the next step will be to book a flight to Budapest for mid August. I'm on my way!
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment