Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011: Ruth leaves Hungary to return home

January 2, 2011: Ruth spent much of the morning packing and then we went to Tesco for one last grocery shopping. As far as groceries go, I think I'm prepared for the next month now! After a quick lunch, we hung around the apartment for a while until Ruth got antsy to get to the airport. Whereas she came to Hungary with two large suitcases and two fully packed carry-ons, she left the apartment with one suitcase and two minimally packed carry-ons. I don't know what happened to the things she had brought with her but won't be taking home with her. Granted she did bring ten pounds of peanut brittle she had made for the trip plus my Snoopy Christmas tree that still sits on my shelf, she did replace some of those things with souvenirs she bought here and in Austria. Go figure. At any rate, she should have arrived in London by the time I publish this blog entry. She'll be home by tomorrow at 1:30 California time.

In the mean time, I spent this evening doing some preparation for my lessons this coming week. Actually there are only two weeks left in the first semester and there may be some changes to our schedules come the second semester so we'll see what happens. All in good time. And so ends a nice long winter break vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment