July 6, 2011: I decided to take it easy today. Good thing too because the electricity went off at the hotel. It was a real challenge to shave and take a shower in an almost completely dark bathroom but I managed. After breakfast, the electricity returned so I spent time in my room entering yesterday's blog entry. Then, I went to the Old Market to actually buy something! There are really a lot of great things I would love to have bought (especially silver pieces, some interesting looking jewelry, and some porcelain) but I forced myself to stick to a couple of small items that I could carry in my carry on bag.
The market was extremely active with mobs of people buying and selling vegetables, fruits, fish (still alive), haircare, sewing, etc. I could have taken hundreds of great pictures just of that, but you'll have to settle for the following:
Tonight I take the red eye to Seoul, Korea. I'll arrive at 7:10 a.m. tomorrow morning and it looks like my friends and students there have a very detailed and busy agenda planned for me. I really look forward to seeing them all. More later.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment