Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 7, 2013: McMinnville:
We said goodbye to Kit and Chip and headed to McMinnville, a suburb of Portland just south of the city, to visit two more friends I had made in Hungary. Our drove took us through nice villages and vineyards. McMinnville is a small village whose main street is filled with interesting shops and a few nice eating spots. Larry and Bonnie (our hosts), Ruth, and I ate on the roof of one of these restaurants. 

After lunch, we drove to a few vineyards in the area. The McMinnville area is known for its pinot wines and the tastings we went to confirmed that.
Winter's Hill Vineyard -- their pinot gris is outstanding!

backyard of another McMinnville vineyard
We returned to Larry and Bonnie's house for a great vegetarian meal most of whose ingredients were from their backyard garden:
Larry and Bonnie's backyard garden
 After dinner, Larry entertained us with a short concert on his cymbeline.
Larry's cymbeline
Ruth and I certainly enjoyed our time living in the Portland area. There's a certain peace to the way Oregoneans live.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment