| Barbakan |
| Barbakan |
| Barbakan |
From Barbakan, we walked to Old Town for breakfast. We found a nice restaurant in Cloth Hall.
| Restaurant in Cloth Hall |
Afterward we walked to Wawel Castle. Unfortunately, pictures cannot be taken inside the castle but I did take a few more of the outside.
| Wawel Castle |
| Palace in Wawel Castle |
| Wawel Castle: Dragon's Den statue |
Meanwhile, I have witnessed some interesting customs of the Polish people in Krakow:
- Just as in Hungary, I've seen Polish people carrying their flowers upside down. I'm beginning to wonder if it's not we Americans who are peculiar in carrying our flowers petals up instead of down.
- Women often buy glasses of beer which they drink by using a straw.
- On the streets, I've seen men and women holding signs pointing to a store/product being sold. Unlike the US where these sign holders are twirling the sign to the point of making the job an aerobic exercise, the Polish signholders are virtually still holding their signs rigidly and without any expression on their faces. I wonder which technique is more effective in getting customers into the intended stores.
And so ends another day in Krakow. It's really been very enjoyable visiting this beautiful city and feeling the vibrancy of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment