| Baths at Gellert Hotel |
Unfortunately, my pictures inside the church were all blurry, but I was able to get a clear one of a fancily carved cupboard in one of the rooms.
| Carved Cupboard in Church in Gellert Hill |
After visiting the monument, we approached the castle in the park and to my surprise, after having worked on it for over five years (at least I recall having seen this site under construction when I first came to Budapest in 2006, so it may be well over five years that reconstruction has taken place), I found that the refurbishment of the lake south of the castle had been completed and was now filled with water. There were people rowing boats and the lake had some unusual sites in it: some cars floating on the surface, a house that "accidentally" fell into the lake...
When we approached the castle, we found a huge festival going on. There were people and especially children all over the grounds and in the park behind the castle. Apparently, this was a children's festival and there were all sorts of booths for children and I hear that there were many international booths, too.
After exploring a few of the sites, we decided to have lunch at Robinson's, the restaurant just next to the lake in front of the zoo.
| Robinson's Restaurant |
After the zoo, we went to the Szechenyi Baths for a two hour soak. Here's a picture of a fountain in front of the baths (see previous blog entry for stunning pictures of the baths themselves).
| Statue in front of Szechenyi Baths |
Our time in the baths completely mellowed all of us just in time for dinner at the nearby Gundel's Restaurant. Our meal was quite professionally presented and the sauvignon blanc wine was the most outstanding sauvignon blanc I've ever tasted (It came from Buda -- can't remember the label name).
| Dinner at Gundel's Restaurant |
No comments:
Post a Comment