Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4: Marko Exhibit

June 4, 2011: I convinced a colleague of mine to go with me to the Marko exhibit at the Hungarian Art Museum. I first visited this exhibit a week ago when I was with some guests who were viewing the Munkacsy Exhibit while I went to Marko, but I couldn't spend enough time seeing the entire exhibit as I had wanted. My colleague and I viewed not only the Marko exhibit, but also many other rooms of the museum. My colleague was able to explain some of the paintings in greater detail by telling me a bit about the Hungarian history that was the theme of the paintings. After that we went to Vaci utca for a drink by taking a path down from Castle Hill and then crossing the Chain Bridge. I got a great picture of this and the Gresham Hotel as we descended Castle Hill. The third picture below is one that I took the other day at sunset of Buda Castel -- it's hard for me to believe I soon won't have that scene to see for much longer!
Pest as seen from Castle Hill (Chain Bridge and St. Stephen's Basilica)

Gresham Hotel (managed by Four Seasons)

Buda Castle at sunset

After our drink on Vaci utca, I invited him to my apartment for some left over spaghetti. We watched a movie while we ate -- "Miracle Mile," a disaster movie about the complete destruction of Los Angeles due to a nuclear bomb. It was fun seeing places in the movie that I've visited before. He also lent me another movie, "Shaun of the Dead", an English movie about zombies that I've heard a lot about from students and other teachers in CETP. I watched that movie after he left. A bit gory but a funny gory.

No comments:

Post a Comment