Monday, October 25, 2010

October 21, 2010: Daily stroll downtown

October 21, 2010:I had an early dinner and decided to go downtown for a walk along the Danube while the sun was still setting. And wouldn’t you know that I “discovered” two buildings that were interesting that I had not taken pictures of before. The first is one of two buildings forming the Klotild Palace and is currently being renovated. Looking in one of the doorways of this building, I could see very elaborate tiled ceilings with interesting shops inside. Because everything was closed for the day, I could not investigate. Apparently, the renovation is making the building into a luxury hotel.

Klotild Palace (under renovation into luxury hotel)
The next building is a renovation of a church (Greek Orthodox Church?) with twin towers. You can see that one of the towers has been renovated but the other is still in the midst of renovation. At any rate, I hope that it is not yet complete because the second tower looks dramatically different from the first one.
Greek Orthodox church (under renovation)

No comments:

Post a Comment