October 8, 2010: I'm glad that the weekend is finally here. Not that this week was any different than any other week teachingwise. Today the students seemed extra anxious to begin the weekend, but that could be because of the beautiful weather outside -- it's hard to study (and teach) when it's so nice outside.
You'll see that I was successful in inserting pictures into my blog entries for October 6th and 7th, so I don't know what the problem is when I tried to insert pictures into September 12th. I think I'll try another approach and break September 12th into two posts and see if I can get things the way I like that way. We'll see.
As for other news, I learned that not enough people signed up for the Transylvania trip to make it economically feasible so the trip has been postponed to spring. The weather then should be better anyway. But now I'll have to think of somewhere to go for my weeklong break coming up in a month. I'll have to check around. I'd like to go to Krakow, Poland, but if the weather is bad, perhaps it would make more sense to go south to Italy or Croatia. I haven't been to Italy since 1973 and I've never been to Krakow or Croatia, so any of the choices would be good. Such decisions! I'll keep you posted.
I decided to go to downtown to take a walk next to the Danube. I'm always invigorated whenever I do that. Here are some pictures that I've shown before, but I turned off the flash so that the pictures are a bit sharper. I clearly need to work on this some more to get better pictures. But you can see how Budapest is at night through these images.
Buda Castle at night
Szent Mathias Church and the Chain Bridge at night
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment