October 14, 2010:
Note: Today I uploaded all remaining pictures into my blog entries. I have only to upload videos for September 18th and I'm caught up! Feel free to view the updated entries for the September 18th: Arts Festival, September 25th: Showing friends around in Budapest, and October 3rd: Kerepesi Cemetery and the New York Coffeehouse.
The morning began well with a good lesson with the 9E class 2 class. At least it went well until thirty minutes into the lesson when their attention span dwindled. Maybe I don't need their form teacher to visit my classes after all to keep order. Then the 9D beginners class astounded me with a very solid lesson; they seemed to enjoy the lesson almost as much as I did. Later on I had two lessons with the 9C and 9D intermediate English students, but again the 9D boys seemed to be a bit too playful, although we did finish what we set out to complete. On the whole a good day of teaching.
After classes I went to get my tickets for Phantom of the Opera (next Monday) and the Brad Mehldau/Joshua Redman concert (November 25th). I'm really looking forward to these performances. The Phantom of the Opera may be different than the performances I saw in the US since the Hungarian theatre company was given permission to "Hungarianize" it. It'll be interesting to see/hear what this means.
After school, Laci accompanied me to the doctor's to see to my prescriptions. Filling them turned out to be a bit of a hassle since for some reason my name was not in the database even though I had registered several weeks ago. They ended up filling the prescription by somehow altering it. Not sure what this entailed and I'm not sure I want to know since all I was concerned about was the cost which was exorbitant until it was altered.
Then a quick trip to the bank to arrange for autopaying my internet bill. But of course I couldn't do anything because I was required to bring my passport! This is getting old. Hopefully tomorrow I can straighten that out.
And now, since the night is still young, I think I'll go take a walk along the Danube. More tomorrow.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment