Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27, 2010: Halloween/Thanksgiving Day at School

October 27, 2010: Today was Halloween/Thanksgiving Day at school. We teachers set up seven stations that the students visited during the 5th, 6th, and 7th periods. Here's a picture of some of the teachers ready for the day.
Kristine, Gabrielle, Csilla, David on Halloween Day at school

The students of 9B, 9C, 9D, and half of 9E were then split up into seven teams and visited each of the seven stations.(The other half of 9E was sent to a special music lesson for the event.)  I was in charge of the poster drawing station where the students were given a large piece of poster paper and colored markers to draw pictures depicting either Halloween or Thanksgiving. The students had approximately ten minutes to do their project. Guess which holiday the students chose to draw pictures of -- you're right that most selected Halloween. They had fun drawing pictures of haunted houses, witches, pumpkins, and ghouls. I then assigned them scores for their drawings and they would go to the next station. By the time that some of the students reached my station, some of them visited me with their faces painted as monsters, Frankenstein, etc. You can imagine that the entire afternoon was very high intense activity. I once had to go through the assembly hall where the students were waiting to go to their next stations and the noise from the students was deafening. I left the event almost as a zombie myself. I had my lunch at school with David and Andi, went to the market to buy tonight's dinner, and returned home for a "short" nap which turned into a one hour deep sleep. I can't remember being so exhausted after something that should have been benign. At any rate, it was fun and the boys/girls seemed to have a good time participating in the event.

Halloween Day at school - poster competition

No comments:

Post a Comment