Then later they prepared langos which I referred to as "Hungarian pizza" in a previous blog entry. This is really not quite accurate since the dough is deep fried (in oil I think although there was no hint of oil in its taste so it may have been something other than oil that it was deep fried in). After that, one puts sour cream with minced garlic in it, and grated cheese on the deep fried dough. The taste of this is delicious, a real delicacy that I will undoubtedly try again the next time I see it.
| Hungarian Beef Stew is cooking |
| 9C parents talk |
| The 9C boys practice guitar |
| lunch is served |
| Hungarian langos is prepared |
At the picnic, several parents tried their limited English with me but I think they were very self conscious because they would excuse themselves claiming that they could not say any more. However, there was one father who spoke English extremely well and who was extremely knowledgeable about JPL and NASA. He knew almost as much detail as I about some of the latest JPL projects. We talked for quite a time and he is quite anxious to see the JPL video I brought with me to Hungary. Eventually he had to leave because he works with NATO and they are very much involved in the cleanup efforts of the recent sludge break in western Hungary and he had to return to work. Next Wednesday is parent/teachers night at school and he indicated he'd like to continue our discussion there. That will be something to look forward to.
After lunch, a number of us teachers went for a canoe trip up the Danube. It was very pleasant seeing the Danube from the river instead of from above it. A very enjoyable trip. After the canoe trip, I returned to talk a bit more with friends. We spent much of the day at the picnic grounds, and I returned home full from both good food and a good time spent socializing with parents and students at school in a non school setting.
No comments:
Post a Comment